Strategic Planning for a Successful Hybrid Event
Creating a successful hybrid event doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Victoria Fanning, a face-to-face meeting planner for over a decade, and now the Director of Hybrid and Online Meetings at EDUCAUSE, should know. She plans five major blended conferences, two multi-day online events, and numerous online seminars and webinars every year, with just about every possible combination of synchronous and asynchronous options offered.
But she doesn't do it alone. Working as a project manager and liaison between multiple cross departmental teams, she consistently crafts hybrid event experiences that deepen members' online experiences while also reaching those unable to travel face-to-face, exposing new prospective members to the association, and elevating the value of the EDUCAUSE brand.
Join Victoria for her live webinar, "Strategic Planning for a Successful Hybrid Event," Tuesday, August 30 at 11:00 a.m. Central. As always - it's free!.
Victoria will share formal and informal processes for planning successful hybrid events that tie directly to organizational goals. She'll also take your questions live about both strategy and tactics, and discuss:
- Key benefits of offering hybrid events, supported by real-life anecdotal and quantitative feedback from past online attendees
- Why the attendance debate is over at EDUCAUSE, including data that will put to rest concerns about online events cannibalizing face-to-face attendance
- Tips for deciding what to charge, what to give away for free, and when
- The importance of video and streaming live for maximizing attendee engagement as well as the importance of online-only sessions and innovative communication strategies for building a unique online community
- How to connect onsite and online attendees
- Plus an inspirational toolkit that enables individual sites to hold their own mini-conference synchronously with your global event
About the presenter: Victoria Fanning is the Director of Hybrid and Online Meetings at EDUCAUSE, a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology. Previously, Fanning held the position of Director of Conferences, and has been a meeting planner for over a decade. In her capacity as director of hybrid and online events, Fanning supports the organizations efforts to build integrated and dynamic online learning experiences for its members. She oversees and helps coordinate multi-day blended and hybrid events; virtual exhibit halls; multi-day online events; and numerous online seminars and webinars. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a B.A. in History and Political Science. Here's that link again to register - see you online!
Related Blog Posts