(Photos: (TOP) The Mediasite Events crew is busy at work live streaming a conference. (MIDDLE) Leon Huijbers of Technical University of Delft in the Netherlands, is excited to be in Madison, Wis. for UNLEASH 2012. (BOTTOM) The EDUCAUSE 2012 Annual Conference is streamed via Mediasite.)
As 2012 comes to a close we’re thinking back to all the exciting things that happened. There are just too many to name here, but we wanted to take the time to mention a few of the top moments and thank you for your support.
- Over 50 Mediasite users from Europe gathered in Amsterdam in January 2012 for our first-ever MUG Europe user conference. We had such positive feedback that we made it an annual event, and there are already over 70 people signed up for MUG Europe 2013 in January 2013.
- We hosted another successful user conference, UNLEASH, in May and got the chance to spend a few days interacting with our fabulous customers. Attendance continues to increase each year and UNLEASH 2013 in April will be the biggest event yet. We have so many exciting things in store for this year and we can’t wait for you to experience it!
- We’ve had the pleasure of partnering with over 100 organizations to exhibit, present at and/or capture and archive their events and conferences. Among the conferences we were a part of are UBTech 2012, InfoComm 2012, several Sloan Consortium conferences, InfoComm Middle East & Africa, Streaming Media East, EDUCAUSE, UCISA 2012 and ONLINE EDUCA.
- It’s been a banner year for us in the awards camp. In 2012 alone, thanks to all of you, Mediasite by Sonic Foundry has been recognized in 10 awards programs. A sincere thank you to all who voted or nominated Mediasite for these awards. It’s so rewarding for us to be recognized by our customers for the work we’re doing.
- University Business Readers’ Choice Awards; Mediasite: A Top Product in 2012
- 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards; Best Portable Live Streaming Appliance & Best Webcasting/Presentation Solution Finalist
- Frost & Sullivan; Global Market Share Leadership Award for Lecture Capture Solutions
- PCMA Convene Magazine’s Best of Meetings Industry; Mediasite: 1 of 5 Best Technology Tools
- eSchool Media 2012-2013 Readers’ Choice Awards; Mediasite: 1 of 10 Top Educational Technology Products for Higher Education
- Best of Elearning! Awards 2012; Best Video Capture, Production, Publishing Solution Award of Excellence
- IMS Global Learning Consortium’s Learning Impact Awards; Learning Impact Leadership Award - Tilburg School of Economics and Management’s iSTAR Learning Project Using Mediasite
- 2012 AV Technology End-User Awards; Best Interactive & Remote Learning System Winner - Tilburg School of Economics and Management’s iSTAR Learning Project Using Mediasite
- 2012 AV Technology End-User Awards; Most Innovative Install of AV in Healthcare Finalist - Videosurgery featuring Mediasite
- The 2012 Software 500; Software Magazine: Sonic Foundry named in list of world’s largest software/services providers
- Last year our webcasting best practices series surpassed 100,000 views, and this year we hosted over 20 webinars featuring leaders in webcasting from higher education, corporate, government and nonprofit organizations.
This year’s most popular webinars include:
- A Practical Response to Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS)
- Improving Student Outcomes with Lecture Capture Technology
- The Future of Video in Education: A Vision of Your Campus in 2013 and Beyond
- The Many Flavors of Hybrid Events
- Behind the Black Curtain: 10 Secrets for Producing Your Best Hybrid Event
- How to Market Your Online Event
- Copyright Basics for Online Presentations
- How to Produce Big Webcasts with Small Crews
- Go Mobile with Mediasite
- And finally, our absolute favorite part is interacting and hearing from all of you. Here are a few of our favorite messages we’ve seen or overheard in 2012 about Mediasite.
Thanks for a fantastic 2012, friends! We’re looking forward to what 2013 brings! Happy holidays from our office to yours!